Learn to create dramatic Windows user experiences using Windows Presentation Foundation and XAML. Learn the essentials of the framework as you build a complete sample app.
- [Instructor] Welcome to my Build Dramatic Desktop Applications with Windows Presentation Foundation course. Join me as I embark on a series to explore the Microsoft Windows Presentation Foundation. This remarkable tool is the best choice in the Microsoft tool set for creating rich, and powerful desktop applications. The course starts with an overview of WPF and XAML markup language. Then, I look at the default WPF template structure. Once the fundamentals are established, I build a sample application that showcases many of the interesting features available in WPF.
I'll look at UI layout and working with image assets. There is a section on using customer user controls, too. Next, I investigate data binding and data templates. Then, take a side-trip into styles and control templates. Finally, I explore cool concepts like 3D and UI effects. That's the topics for this course. I know you are ready to go. Let's do this.
- Why choose Windows Presentation Foundation?
- Exploring the project types
- Creating a WPF project in Visual Studio
- Exploring assemblies and parts
- Using the XAML editor
- Creating the UI, including tabs, details, and controls
- Using data binding
- Adding styles
- Writing interaction code
- Using control templates, 3D parts, and effects