Learn how to find, install, and use the most helpful Visual Studio extensions, and leverage external tools and templates to speed up your development workflow.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Welcome to my Visual Studio 2015 Essentials course. Join me as I explore the extension and customization points of Visual Studio. You'll learn how to build your own project templates and item templates. I'll show you how to add legacy and third-party tools to the External Tools menu. Plus I have a lot of information about extensions, which provide a way to tap into the core bits of Visual Studio and build custom enhancements that improve the developer experience. I'll look at some popular extensions, like CodeMaid and Productivity Power Tools.
Also on the agenda is a look at writing custom extensions, so your brilliant idea for a new Visual Studio feature doesn't have to wait for Microsoft to build. You can make your own add-in and test it in a special version of Visual Studio. Finally, we'll take a look at creating VSIX, or "vee-six", Installers, and learn how to deploy extensions to the local system or to the online Visual Studio Gallery. That's the topics for this course. If you're ready, let's get started.
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions