Learn about Visual Studio Code's features that make working with web-based code formats a breeze.
- [Instructor] If you're a web developer,…then VS Code is going to be a great friend to you.…In addition to all the great features we've already seen,…that make editing code a breeze,…there are features that will make web developers…particularly happy.…So let's start with something simple.…Often times during development…you'll want to quickly comment and uncomment code…to try out various things…or to help narrow down bugs.…In VS Code you can quickly comment sections of Code…by using the toggle comment command,…which is Command / or Control / on Windows.…
Joe Marini kicks off the course by taking you through the app's user interface, and showing how to work with its basic editing features. Next, Joe demonstrates how to customize VS Code by configuring preferences, setting your own keyboard shortcuts, and working with snippets. He also explains how to maximize your productivity by installing and managing extensions from the Visual Studio Marketplace. Plus, he discusses how VS Code works with folders and collections of files, helps you understand the IntelliSense feature, and dives into the app's advanced code editing features, such as automatic formatting.
- Installing Visual Studio Code
- The VS Code UI
- Understand how VS Code works with built-in Git integration
- Customizing VS Code
- Configuring preferences
- Setting keyboard shortcuts
- Using extensions
- Working with snippets
- Using VS Code to edit different parts of the same file
- Using multiple selections
- Understanding how VS Code works with JSON files