In Visual Studio 2015, the Visual Studio Extension SDK is built-in to the standard installer. But some developers don't install it as part of the normal install. If you are in that category, or just want to verify that the SDK is installed, this tutorial shows the steps to follow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In preceding editions of Visual Studio,…you couldn't build custom extensions or V6 installers…without installing the Visual Studio SDK.…This was an independent tool set you had to download…from the Microsoft servers.…In Visual Studio 2015, the SDK is built into the…standard installer, but some developers don't install it…as part of the normal install.…If you are in that category or just want to verify…that the SDK is installed, here's the steps to follow.…Open the Programs and Features window.…
Then, in the Search text box, type in Visual Studio 2015.…Here's my copy.…I'm using Visual Studio Enterprise.…Select it and then click on the Change button.…After a few seconds, this dialogue appears.…Click on the Modify button on the bottom of the screen.…And then this section shows the features…that you can add or remove from your current install.…You'll note the orange text on my screen…saying Depricated and Updated.…
Microsoft released the Update Two version of Visual Studio…while I'm recording this course.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.