In Visual Studio 2017, the Visual Studio Extension SDK is built into the standard installer. But some developers don't install it as part of the normal install. If you are in that category, or if you just want to verify that the SDK is installed, this video shows you the steps to follow.
- [Instructor] In Visual Studio 2017,…the extensibility SDK is built into the standard installer;…but some developers don't install it…as part of the normal install.…If you are in that category, or just want to verify…that the SDK is installed, here's the steps to follow.…I have opened up the Start menu.…I've typed in Visual Studio and installer.…I'll run this one; this is the 2017 installer,…even though it doesn't have the version number here.…Next step, on this screen click on Modify.…
Then scroll down in this workload section…to find this area: Visual Studio extension development,…and make sure you have a check mark here.…And then you can verify the individual components…that are going to be installed by going over here…to the summary section, opening this part of the tree,…and you'll see that this will include the Visual Studio SDK…and the Visual Studio extension development prerequisites.…Then click on the Modify button.…After the installer is done running,…you'll be ready to follow along.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.