Visual Studio has an enhanced vertical scrollbar that provides at that provides at-a-glance information about the state of the current code document. Learn how to enable the scrollbar mapping mode and view breakpoint, bookmarks and other important information in the pop-up map window.
- I'm so glad you decided to join me…to learn about using the Scroll Bar.…From the title of the video,…the topic seems rather rudimentary.…Doesn't every computer user know how to scroll a document?…The truth is that Visual Studio…has an enhanced vertical Scroll Bar…that provides at-a-glance information…about the state of the current document.…To demonstrate this, I'll use the Solution here,…NavigateCode,…this project, NavigatingCSharp,…and next, code in the Book.cs file.…At the moment, I've turned off the vertical Scroll Bar,…so the only way I can move up and down the document…is using the up and down arrows,…or by using my mouse scroll wheel like this.…
To turn on the Scroll Bar, go to the Tools Options menu,…and then, each programming language…has its own Scroll Bar settings.…I'm working in C# so I'll make the changes here,…but there's also settings here in the Basic section…for Scroll Bars, as well as some of the other languages.…Here's the Scroll Bar section.…To turn on the Scroll Bar, put a check mark here,…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.