DirectX has a robust graphics pipeline, including support for pixel shaders, a way to build lightning fast image effects in WPF. This tutorial looks at some sample shader effects.
- [Instructor] Because WPF uses DirectX,…many of its graphics features are available…in your desktop application.…Today I want to talk about shaders.…A common tool used in complex graphic systems and games.…Pixel shaders are a fast and efficient way…to modify the pixels shown on the screen.…WPF supports shaders through a concept called effects.…You can create exciting shaders and apply them…to any part of your UI tree.…To demonstrate this I'll use…this exe file here, PixelSmith.exe.…
This is a demonstration application I wrote…to showcase some of the features of WPF.…It looks like a photo editing application.…I'll start by applying some effects.…I'm going to use some custom shader effects…and apply 'em to this background picture.…Here's an example called the color tone shader.…This is the toon shader, and finally…we'll take a look at the monochrome shader.…One of the key things about effects in WPF is…they don't apply just to pictures.…They can apply to any UI that you can build in WPF,…so that means controls like buttons or list box…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.