XAML files are XML text file so any text editor tool will be adequate for editing and viewing the content. For a more fulfilling editing experience, use the XAML editors in Visual Studio. This tutorial looks at the auto complete features that simplify XA
- [Narrator] You'll spend a lot of time…in your WPF application working with the designer screen.…That's what I want to talk about in this movie.…To open up the designer,…find one of your example files and double click on it.…The designer is split into two parts.…On the top half of the screen is the visual designer,…this is where you can drag and drop controls…and move things around with your mouse…to arrange your UI.…It looks kind of like a window,…it's got the little title bar across the top…and it's got this white area here where I can use my mouse…to manipulate the UI.…
On the bottom half of the screen is the XAML editor,…this is an XML editor, text editor,…that has color coded XML for me if I prefer to type in…my user interface.…I like to do both, sometimes I use the designer,…sometimes I write XAML.…I can use the toolbox in the designer…and I can drag items over to the designer surface…and when I do that, you'll see that it writes out…some new XML.…Now there's a split bar in between these…so I can slide this up to see more of the XML.…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.