This video examines the new Load Folder feature. You can open a folder containing code and markup files, and get code formatting and IntelliSense for the files, even though they are not part of a solution or project. There is also a look at the Open Command Line and Copy Path features.
- [Instructor] I've opened Visual Studio 2015…so I can show you the file open menu.…There's a variety of types of items you can open.…I can open a project to which means…I'm opening a csproj or vbproj file.…I can open a solution which is opening an sln file.…Which usually contains multiple projects.…I can open a website which means I'm…opening a folder that contains asp.net files.…I can also open projects from source control…and team project and finally I can open single files.…
Now all of these items are available inside…Visual Studio 2017, but there's been a movement…over the last few years of working with…developer tools that use a folder concept.…So you're working on a website and you…put everything for that app in a folder.…And then the developer tool opens that folder…and you work with everything in that folder…and it's children folders, so in 2017,…we have the ability to do that now.…I've opened up Visual Studio 2017.…
One way is to get to this dialog…is to go to the open folder section in the start page,…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.