Once the EDM is complete its time to use it to get data and show it in an application. This tutorial shows how to use LINQ to get data from EF and bind it to a Windows Presentation Foundation application.
- [Voiceover] During this course,…I've shown you a lot of tool windows…that work with SQL Server and other databases.…We've looked at SQL Server Object Explorer,…Server Explorer, the Entity Framework Wizards.…One demonstration you haven't seen much…is how to use the data from SQL Server…in an application.…Since this is in the Entity Framework chapter,…it's easy to use and get that information…if you already have the data model,…so that's what I'll show you:…how to use the data model to get information…and put it in this WPF application.…First step is to modify my UI.…
Double click on that MainWindow.xaml file,…switch to the vertical split mode.…I prefer this mode when I'm writing some xaml.…Now, I'll change the font size at the window level.…That'll affect all my controls.…I'll swap out my grid for a stack panel.…This will stack all my controls in a horizontal list.…And I'll add two controls: the text block and a list box.…In order to use these in my code behind,…they have to have names.…To do that, you can click on this item,…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.