IntelliSense provide instant, automatic context aware help while writing code in Visual Studio. Learn how to use ListMembers to automatically choose keywords as you type. See how the Complete Word feature saves hundreds of keystrokes per day. Finally, learn how Parameter Info aids in writing method calls.
- IntelliSense is one of the most helpful features…I can think of within Visual Studio.…When you are writing code, it gives you instant,…automatic, context-aware help.…I can't imagine working without its helpful suggestions.…There are some IntelliSense features…that are powerful, but less intuitive, however.…In this movie, I'll illustrate the countless ways…in which IntelliSense helps you write your code.…Before I show you the code, let me show you…an extension that I've added to Visual Studio.…You go to online, and I'll search for the word spell.…
This is the item I'm looking for,…Multi Language Spell Checker.…I've installed this in Visual Studio.…You'll see why in a few minutes.…So I'll start by writing some code up here in line 19.…I'm in the C# editor window, so when I press a key…on the keyboard when I'm typing code,…something called the list members,…also known as the auto-complete list,…will pop up on my screen.…As I continue to type, let's say I'm looking…for the word version, if I type v e,…the list members box will filter down…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.