EditorConfig helps developers define and maintain consistent coding styles between different editors and IDEs. See how to add an .editorconfig file to a project to opt in for standardized editor settings.
- [Instructor] I'm on a website called EditorConfig.org,…which is explaining a concept called the EditorConfig.…You can see in this first paragraph,…it says it helps developers define and maintain…consistent coding styles.…Then, the key line is between different editors and IDEs.…If you are like a lot of developers,…you might work with different editor tools.…Maybe you work with one at work,…yet when you're working on a project on the weekend…for a charity, you work with a different tool.…You could be working with developers across teams…or on a team, so we need to share the file,…and some of our developers are working in one editor…and other developers are working in another one.…
Regardless of which editor you're in,…you probably have certain standards that your team uses…or you have personal preferences that you like…in your editors,…like how many units do you use for tab space or indent.…Do you use spaces or tabs when you press the tab key?…I'll start by looking at my code in this Program.cs file.…It's pretty simple, and I want to turn on…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.