Code Maps are a great way to visualize the relationships and interdependencies between the components of your applications. They make it easier to understand the architecture of your application. They are also invaluable when trying to learn your way around other developers projects.
- Code Maps are a great way…to visualize the relationships…and inter-dependencies between the components…of your applications.…They make it easier to understand the architecture…of your application.…They are also invaluable when trying to learn…your way around other developer's projects.…I'm in my Book class.…There's a relationship between this book…in a couple of ways.…There's a base class relationship between the Book…and Publication and there's a relationship between…the Author class and the Book class…because there's an Author property inside this class…of type Author.…
So I'd like to learn some information about how…those classes are related to each other…in a visual fashion.…I can right-click on the Book and choose…Show on Code Map.…This is what a Code Map looks like.…It's a visual representation of my project in the class.…This outside rectangle represents the binary file, the exe.…This represents my namespace…and this represents my class.…To make some more room I'll slide this over…so I can see more of what's happening in the designer.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.