Join Bill Ayers for an in-depth discussion in this video Tour the glossary add-in, part of Microsoft Office Add-Ins for Developers.
- [Instructor] Okay, so I think it's time to see…what this looks like when we run it.…So I can go to my glossary directory again,…and I can do npm start.…And it's building everything,…doing type script compilation,…tsx compilation, and now it's up and running.…And what I can do is actually go to the browser…and say, let me go to…https//localhost3000,…and we'll click through these certificate warnings again.…
And now it's actually rendering the UI,…it doesn't look so good at this width,…let me bring up the developer tools.…And I can use that as a way of giving me a smaller pane,…a bit like a mobile device pane,…which is nearer to what the task pane will look like…in the actual application,…and you can see I've got some tabs here.…So the tabs work here I can navigate.…
We've got an alert here that says…it look as though you don't have any words in the glossary,…try clicking create glossary.…So that will help the users,…this is again using a Office UI fabric component…to render that.…I've got a help button,…and this is the rather minimal amount of help text…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.