xUnit has proper support for parametrized tests. This tutorial shows how to use the InlineData attributes to supply a set of data for a unit test method.
- [Voiceover] xUnit has proper…support for parameterized tests.…Let's review the code that needs to…be tested in the number analyzer class.…This class has a constructor where you pass in…a candidate number, and then there are several…statistical analysis methods inside this class.…Here's one on line 14, it's named ContainsOddDigit.…This method tests whether any of the digits in…the number is an odd number.…If I pass it the number 100, I should get back a true.…Now I need to test for digits…one, three, five, seven and nine.…
In my unit test, I created the first test,…ReturnTrue_WhenThereIsAOne…My candidate number is 2201, I call my method…ContainsOddDigit, and then I verify that…the result I got back was true.…Because I need to test for the digits…one, three, five, seven and nine,…I'd probably need to write another method called…ReturnTrue_WhenThereIsAThree, and so on.…Instead, what I can do is create a parameterized test.…Here's an example.…I have one called ReturnTrue_WhenThereIsAOddDigit.…
Now, if I mark this as a fact,…
- Examining types of frameworks
- Choosing a naming convention
- Creating unit tests
- Running unit tests with Visual Studio
- Modifying and correcting code
- Handling exceptions
- Installing and using nUnit
- Viewing test results with CodeLens
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover live unit testing and creating a project with the unit test framework.
1. Create a Simple Unit Test Framework
2. Unit Testing Conventions
Choose a naming convention5m 59s
3. Work with Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework
4. Work with xUnit
5. Work with nUnit
6. Additional Topics
Goodbye Updated1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.