The new Installer Microsoft created for Visual Studio 2017 is different in some ways from its predecessors. There has been a serious attempt to slim down the file space needed on your hard drive, and to make the install process faster.
- [Instructor] In this demonstration, I'll run the installer…on a fresh copy of Windows 10 that doesn't have…Visual Studio 2017 installed.…The new installer Microsoft created for Visual Studio 2017…is different in some ways from its predecessors.…There has been a serious attempt to slim down the…file space needed on your hard drive and to make the…install process faster.…Microsoft achieves this change by separating the…features of Visual Studio into something called…Workloads and Components.…
Here's the underlying problem that they're trying…to fix.…Visual Studio includes tools for any developer…building any app.…That means that it ships with a ton of features.…It includes hundreds of packages in the full installation.…It comes with SDK's, device emulators, various runtimes,…tools, and documentation.…That's great Visual Studio has all these tools,…but it also means that there are probably features…that you don't care about.…For example, say you are a C++ developer.…
Why would you want Visual Basic and C Sharp installed?…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.