Learn where to go for more information and to stay up to date as new APIs and capabilities are announced and libraries are updated.
- [Bill] Thank you for joining me…for this brief overview of what add-ins can provide.…There are many topics which we could cover…in more depth if we had the time…but I hope you were at least able to get an idea…of how to get started building Office add-ins…and the many possibilities that they offer.…I hope you also have an appreciation…of how incredibly useful they can be…and how easy it is to write them.…Of course this is a fast changing field…like most technology.…How can you keep up to date with the new developments…as they occur?…Well I've included a handout…which includes some additional resources.…
You can also sign up to the Office 365 developer program…to get started.…Thanks again and good luck with your own Office add-ins.…I look forward to seeing them in the store.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.