This video explores the Spell Checker extension available on the Visual Studio gallery site. Learn how the extension works and what principles it demonstrates for your own custom extension.
- [Announcer] In this video I'll showcase some interesting…Visual Studio extensions.…Naturally that means that you'll see how…the extension works.…Then you can decide whether…it deserves a place in your toolbox.…That's one portion of the demonstration…There's another segment that's worth exploring.…How does the extension integrate itself into Visual Studio?…Remember, you can build your own extensions.…We'll explore what parts of Visual Studio IDE…are enhanced with the tool.…That way you can see the extension points…that the author used in their extension.…
That should give you some ideas of what you can do…with your own extension should you decide to create one.…Later in the course I'll revisit these ideas…when I start creating custom extensions.…In this video I'll explore the Spell Checker extension.…Which I've already installed on my machine.…If you don't have it installed…remember you can always add it by going to the Tool menu,…and then choosing Extensions and Updates...…In this video I'm looking at Visual Studio 2015…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.