Learn how to sideload add-ins and add a trusted location in Office clients.
- We've already seen how to sideload…add-ins for Office Online web applications.…Let's review that briefly and then compare it…with how we will sideload add-ins for desktop applications.…So here we are in Word Online and when I want…to sideload an add-in, I just go to Office Add-ins,…this is the same place that we go to look for add-ins…in the store or add ones that we've already…decided to use, and then we just click on…Upload My Add-in in the top right-hand corner.…
And we can either type in the name of the manifest file…or we can browse for it.…And we will find somewhere an XML file that's our manifest.…We can then open that, upload it,…and then that will be available to us.…And then if we go to the desktop version of Word,…it's a rather different process.…So we need to go to File and then Options.…
In the Options pane, there's a tab for Trust Center.…On the Trust Center tab, on the bottom…right-hand side, you'll find a button…that says Trust Center Settings, click on that.…I'll then, finally, we select Trusted Add-in…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.