Visual Studio automatically launches the target Office application for debugging, but using other tools means we need to side-load our Add-in. In this video we'll look at the side-loading process.
- [Instructor] Now there's a bit of behavior you get…in this Starter Add-in.…We've got a run button down here,…so if I type some text here, and select it,…you see when I click on run, it makes it turn red,…so let's see how that works.…I can navigate to this file index dot t s,…this is a Type Script file,…so Type Script is a version of Java Script really that,…has a lot of the future capabilities…of the Java Script language, but makes it available now…by compiling into native Java Script,…from the Type Script language,…and we can see here some extra features,…of language features that we don't have in Java Script,…currently widely supported version of Java Script,…such as on line 18, we have the async function,…and there's an await on line 31, so async await.…
You may remember that we…used a slightly different asynchronous pattern…in the code we used earlier in the course,…and also, on line 19, I've got a lambda expression,…this is also a feature that will probably come…to Java Script in a later version,…but it's not widely supported,…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.