Explore a sample Outlook add-in that is a simplified version of the Reactor email responder add-in.
- [Instructor] Here's an example of an Outlook Add-in…that I use almost every day.…I'm in Outlook online, a different account,…and there's spam, and there's genuine email,…and then there's that gray area in between…where it's kind of legitimate, but you're not interested.…And you need to send a reply to make them go away,…but you don't want to spend a lot of time…composing the response.…And this is where Email Reactor comes in handy.…This is an Outlook Add-in we wrote,…and you can get it from the store,…and I'll talk more about this process in the next chapter.…
So here's an example…of an email that's almost certainly spam.…It's got a fake looking From Address of hotnmail.com.…I can see it's got links that don't actually match…and have some weird domain that they're going to,…so I wouldn't bother replying to this one.…But if I go a bit further down,…I have one here that…looks as though it could well be genuine,…not something I'm interested in, SEO services.…
But I might decide I want to reply to this.…So I can click on the Email Reactor icon,…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.