Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Run to Click: Visual Studio 2017, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 06 Debug and Troubleshoot Code.
- [Instructor] I'd like to show you a simple…debugging feature called run to click.…The idea is, put a breakpoint in your code,…like I have here in my MainWindow.zaml.cs file, on line 15,…and then you run the application by pressing start.…That will run the application and attach a debugger.…Now, what we're seeing here is my WPF UI.…Now, you're seeing two things here.…The UI that I created, which is the white window…and this button, and over top of that is this black toolbar…that's obscuring my button.…
This is a debugging feature from Visual Studio,…and I don't need it, so I'll show you how to turn off…this feature before I show you the run to click feature.…Return back to Visual Studio, go to tools, options,…find the debugging section, general.…And then we're looking for this area.…Enable UI debugging tools for XAML.…And uncheck this checkmark,…show runtime tools in application.…
Now I can look at the feature run to click.…So, start up the debugging session again.…Click on this button, which is my first breakpoint.…
- Understanding the debugging vocabulary
- Understanding the defect categories
- Stepping through code
- Working with DataTips and visualizers
- Traversing the call stack
- Attaching debuggers to running processes
- Using the Just-in-Time debugger
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover Run to Click and Exception Helper in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. The Philosophy of Debugging and Troubleshooting Code
Understand defect categories8m 19s
2. Use the Debug Tools in Visual Studio
3. Debugging Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.