This video explores the sample application. You'll see the three functional areas of the application and review the user interface.
- [Narrator] A look at a prototype of the application…that I'll build throughout this course.…What you'll end up with at the end of this course,…is a application that looks similar to this application.…It's in this EXE. Tailormadetours.exe.…This is a desktop application that's written in WPF.…It's for a tour company called Tailor Made Tours.…What they do is they create suggested walking tours…for different cities in the United States.…In this case, this is for the Chicago tour,…and what they've done is given me as a customer,…a suggested itinerary of stops…that I might want to take for this tour.…
So I look at these tour stops,…and I check mark the ones that I want to add to my tour.…I can read about the stop, details about it,…and then I could click on this map button…to launch a map screen.…That won't be working in the final application,…but that would be the purpose of this,…and same with this call button.…This would allow me to make a skype call,…or other call from my computer.…When I want to learn more about one of these stops,…
- Why choose Windows Presentation Foundation?
- Exploring the project types
- Creating a WPF project in Visual Studio
- Exploring assemblies and parts
- Using the XAML editor
- Creating the UI, including tabs, details, and controls
- Using data binding
- Adding styles
- Writing interaction code
- Using control templates, 3D parts, and effects
Skill Level Intermediate
Visual Studio Team Services: The Basicswith Jose Miguel Rady Allende1h 17m Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.