Sometimes you can find something close to what you need in sample code. In this video we'll use one of the ScriptLab samples and then repurpose that code ready for deployment using Visual Studio.
- [Instructor] Our starting point is the default template…for an Excel task pane add-in in Visual Studio.…The Script Lab tool has a…very rich set of samples for Excel.…Rather than going to the documentation,…a great way of getting sample code…is just to open up Script Lab…and see if there is some code…that does something close to what we want.…I'm gonna start another Excel instance…and open a blank workbook…and bring up Script Lab.…
Click on code.…So I've gone to the Script Lab tab on the ribbon…and clicked on code and let's just make this…a little bit larger.…And if look at samples, I get a very long rich list…of samples to pick from.…Now let's pick one…that gives, for example, 3D charts.…So I'm gonna choose the create additional chart types sample…and have a look at the code inside there.…
And let's just see what that does when we run it.…So I get a series of buttons.…I get one to setup some data.…That looks very useful.…And then if I see down here the different types of chart…I can create, let's create a 3D chart.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.