This video examines the new C# refactoring available in Visual Studio 2017.
- [Instructor] Most development shops nowadays think about…refactoring their code as they go…through the development process.…And to aide in this refactoring there's a…number of tools available that help you analyze…your code, suggest refactorings,…managing the refactoring process itself.…Visual studios had these tools for years,…and they're available for Visual Basic, C#, and C++.…In this movie we'll look at the enhancements…to the C# refactorings and I'll start by…looking at the method on line 11.…Watch what happens when I move my cursor to line 13.…
You'll see that a light bulb appears over there,…that's called the quick action so when I move off that…line the light bulb disappears,…when I click on that line it reappears.…And that's telling that there's something…that visual studio has analyzed about this line…and they're going to suggest a code change.…In this case a refactoring.…There's another clue on this line that's telling me…there's a refactoring. Do you see it?…It's under the new key word, there's three gray dots.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.