Use the XAML namespace refactoring tools to add XML namespace, change prefix names, and rename prefixes.
- [Instructor] I'm looking at the XAML editor…for this main page inside this Universal Windows…application project, and I'm going to look at…some of the refactoring tools that have been added…to the XAML editor, specifically for the refactoring tools…available for XML namespaces.…Now, let's review the situation before 2017.…I've got this custom user control here,…Alarm Clock, and it is in a namespace called…Refactor.Clocks.AlarmClock, whereas my main page…is in a separate namespace, it's in Refactor,…so I would need to add an XML namespace…to my document in order to bring that user control…into scope, so I would come in here,…type in my prefix, choose from my available namespaces,…and then, once I've got the namespace set up,…I can use it in my XAML, like that.…
In the new version of Visual Studio,…we have this refactoring tool…that can help in some of these situations.…Let me delete the code I just added.…And then I'll go back to the stack panel…and see that the alarm clock is not showing up.…This is because the namespace is not in scope yet.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.