This video explores the "Productivity Power Tools" extension available on the Visual Studio gallery site. This powerful suite of extensions provides many useful enhancements to Visual Studio Learn how the extension works and what principles it demonstrates for your own custom extension.
- [Voiceover] One of my favorite extensions…in Visual Studio is the Productivity Power Tools extension.…It's a collection of IDE enhancements created…by the Visual Studio Team.…Many of the tools in this extension…eventually find their way into future releases…of Visual Studio.…As you can see, I've already installed it.…Before I go any further, I'll disable a couple…of the extensions I added elsewhere in this chapter.…I'm disabling them so they don't clutter the IDE…while we look at the Power Tools.…Power Tools is basically a collection…of various extensions.…
To get familiar with what tools are available,…look at Tools, Options.…Then look in this Productivity Power Tools section.…This was added by the Power Tools installer.…I'll be looking at two parts of this tools option…during this video.…I'll be looking at Turn Extensions On and Off…and Custom Document Well.…This where you can see the different extensions…that are part of this collection…and you can disable them by clicking on here.…Like I can turn that one off and then restart Visual Studio…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.