In Visual Studio 2017, Productivity Power Tools are installed as individual extensions. This video explores this concept.
- [Instructor] Productivity Power Tools has always been…a collection of ideas of ways to enhance Visual Studio.…That's its core mission.…What's changed in Visual Studio 2017,…is the way those features are installed…through the extension and updates dialogue.…Looking at it here,…you can see that it says it'll install…the individual extensions of Productivity Power Tools.…So, that's the clue.…There are multiple extensions now…instead of the single extension.…Let's click on the More Information to learn more.…So over here, on the webpage…it says that this is an extension bundle installer…that will install the individual components.…
So in the older version,…what you got is one extension,…and then you could turn on and off the features…using the tools options.…And I talked about that in an earlier video.…Now the difference is, each one of these items…will be a separate extension inside Visual Studio.…So if you want to disable the Align Assignments,…you would now, you would go into the extensions,…you would find it in the list, and disable it there.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.