It’s no secret that Visual Studio is an extensible system. It’s a snap to add third-party extensions to your copy of Visual Studio. Unfortunately, some extensions cause performance issues in the IDE. To remedy this problem, Visual Studio 2017 monitors extension performance. Explore how to see the Performance Center reports and disable extensions as needed.
- [Instructor] Visual Studio has a new monitoring tool…that monitors what's happening with your Visual Studio…extensions, so if you installed a third-party…extension or one that you wrote, it'll monitor that…and see if it's causing any performance problems…with Visual Studio, and this way,…it can tell you that the reason why your solution…is loading slowly is because that third-party extension…you installed is causing the trouble.…The way it works is when you experience a problem,…Visual Studio will put a message bar…across the top of the screen.…
If you don't see the message bar,…you can always see what's going on…in your extensions by going to the Help menu…and choosing Manage Visual Studio Performance.…This shows all the extensions that are causing trouble,…so you can analyze ones that are causing…slow start-up times, ones that are causing your…solution to load slowly, and ones that are causing…issues when you're editing in a code editor.…It can also monitor your tool windows,…and tell you which ones are causing…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.