WPF and Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) are closely tied to each other. This video looks that the history of XAML and shows how XAML is related to WPF.
- [Instructor] WPF contains many innovations…and it also follows UI development trends.…One trend that shows no sign of stopping…is to use a markup language to describe the application UI.…WPF follows this trend using a variant of XML…to define the UI layer of the desktop application.…This variant is known as…Extensible Application Markup Language,…also written as XAML, which is usually pronounced as zammel.…One fascinating part of XAML…is the way Microsoft implemented it.…
They built it to be a generalized way to represent objects.…Stated another way, it's an XML language…to create and instantiate .NET objects.…Isn't that interesting?…The usual explanation found in many articles…is that XAML is a UI definition language.…Well, that's true in a sense,…because it was created in conjunction with WPF…and WPF is a UI rendering engine…and it's a framework that is optimized…for creating desktop applications.…But XAML is more flexible than that.…It's not tied exclusively to UI development.…
In fact, it can work with any object-oriented managed API.…
- Recognize the pluses of choosing Windows Presentation Foundations over other Microsoft UI frameworks.
- Evaluate the different options available with Windows Presentation Foundation project types.
- Devise a Windows Presentation Foundation project in Visual Studio.
- Break down the assemblies and parts of Windows Presentation Foundations.
- Use XAML editor and editor settings.
- Selecting data binding to present data.
- Compiling interaction code for an application.
- Use control templates, 3D parts, and effects in Windows Presentation Foundations.
Skill Level Intermediate
2. Create a WPF Application
3. Create the UI
4. Examples and Concepts
Next steps1m 37s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.