Outlook has a unique capability of supporting contextual Add-ins. In this video we'll see how to make Add-ins that appear based on the content of the message being viewed.
- [Instructor] One of the things that we try to do…with the reactor add-in, is to suggest a response…that was relevant to the message,…and we did that rather crudely…using a regular expression match,…looking for a certain key phrase.…But there might be a situation where you wanted…the add-in to be triggered by something in the message.…This is where contextual add-ins come in.…They are activated by the content of the message…and it also works for appointments.…And what the user sees is highlighted text…that looks like a hyperlink…and that could be a phone number, or an address,…and when the user clicks on it, then the add-in appears,…rather like a content add-in, and shows something.…
For example, a map or an option to call the number,…or set up a meeting in the calendar.…Here's an example of the markup that will need to be added…to the Manifest file.…Notice that there are rule definitions that control…when the add-in appears.…A key thing here is that it's worse if the add-in…appears too frequently when it's not appropriate,…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.