Get a brief introduction to the open web development toolchain and Yeoman generator for add-ins and Visual Studio Code. This video is primarily for developers who are already using these tools, for example, SPFx.
And in addition, you can use these tools…on any platform: Windows, Mac, or Linux.…If you haven't used these tools before,…you're going to have to set up some prerequisites.…We're going to install NodeJS,…perhaps Visual Studio Code,…and then we're going to use npm…to install Yeoman, and then the generator for Office.…The first thing we need to do is…visit nodejs.org and click on the LTS,…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.