Explore a simple OneNote add-in to insert template content.
- [Instructor] OneNote is one of the more…recent Office products to support add-ins.…Consequently, there isn't quite as much depth…to the object model as for example Word or Excel.…Also at the time of recording, only the online version…of OneNote supports add-ins.…Two common scenarios are when we want…to use OneNote to capture information…and save it to somewhere like a database,…and secondly where want to service…external data in OneNote.…OneNote has many similarities to Microsoft Word,…but it's optimized for note taking.…
It's therefore much more freeform…in its document structure than Word.…The OneNote object model shows…a fairly simple document structure…compared to Word, but the API design is similar.…Like Word, there's no native markup.…OneNote just uses a limited subset of HTML.…At the time of recording, there was no support…for building OneNote add-ins…in either Visual Studio, nor in Script Lab.…So it's time to start up the command window again.…
I'm back in PowerShell in my add-ins folder…and I'm going to type "yo office".…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.