Get an introduction to the Office UI Fabric CSS to give add-ins a consistent look and feel with the rest of the Office applications, along with the React components.
- [Instructor] We looked very briefly at Office UI Fabric…in an earlier chapter, where we noted…that it was a CSS library for building Office add-ins,…which maintain the look and feel…of the hosting Office application.…But it also offers a set of React components.…In fact, if I go to the Office UI Fabric site again,…we can dig a little deeper, and you can see,…one of the first things they offer…is the React components, so let's navigate to there.…
And we can see, these are the 40 or so components…that you get to give you all kinds…of functionality already built.…You just need to insert them into your React code as markup.…You don't have to worry about all the different CSS classes…and all those nested divs that we had to build out…for some of the other solutions that didn't use React.…So for example, there's a breadcrumb,…there's a calendar, there's lots of date pickers,…document cards.…
Let's look at, for example, the calendar control.…And then when we get to one of those,…we get an overview of it, some suggestions.…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.