Join Joe Marini for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Visual Studio Code for Web Developers.
- [Instructor] Thanks so much for watching this course.…By now, you should have a firm grasp…on Visual Studio Code's features…and how they can help you be more productive…in your coding projects.…Visual Studio Code is being actively developed…by both Microsoft and a community of contributors.…To stay up to date on all the latest features…and progress of the tool, be sure to visit…Visual Studio Code's website.…One particular part of the documentation to pay attention to…is the release notes.…Each time a new version of code is released,…these release notes contain a trove of information…about all the new features that have been added or updated…as well as bugs that have been fixed.…
Also, keep in mind that extensions…are a very important part of using VS code.…Be sure to visit the Extensions Marketplace…from time to time to check out what's new and updated.…You just might find a new tool…that makes your workflow even better.…Thanks again for watching, and as always, happy coding…
Joe Marini kicks off the course by taking you through the app's user interface, and showing how to work with its basic editing features. Next, Joe demonstrates how to customize VS Code by configuring preferences, setting your own keyboard shortcuts, and working with snippets. He also explains how to maximize your productivity by installing and managing extensions from the Visual Studio Marketplace. Plus, he discusses how VS Code works with folders and collections of files, helps you understand the IntelliSense feature, and dives into the app's advanced code editing features, such as automatic formatting.
- Installing Visual Studio Code
- The VS Code UI
- Understand how VS Code works with built-in Git integration
- Customizing VS Code
- Configuring preferences
- Setting keyboard shortcuts
- Using extensions
- Working with snippets
- Using VS Code to edit different parts of the same file
- Using multiple selections
- Understanding how VS Code works with JSON files