Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 11 Data Tools.
- [Walt] I hope you've enjoyed learning…about the SQL server data tools in Visual Studio.…As with any developer technology,…there's a lot more to learn than can fit…in an introductory course.…Here are some ideas about where to explore…more about this important topic.…Microsoft provides a section…on their developer documentation site dedicated…to SQL server data tools.…Explore this area to drill deeper into the tools…we looked at in the course.…Entity Framework is not a trivial framework to learn.…Here is the Microsoft site to explore…when you want to know more about this powerful tool.…
Finally, Stack Overflow is always a good choice…for finding answers.…You use the search feature to find answers…for your Visual Studio questions.…That's all I have for this course.…Data access is the heart of most application projects.…It's reassuring to know that Microsoft includes…so many data tools in Visual Studio.…Study them and soon you'll be using the tools…for all your new projects.…
- Exploring integration with Azure data sources and other Microsoft databases
- Working with SQL Server Express LocalDB
- Connecting to databases with Server Explorer
- Working with database tables
- Manipulating tables with the SQL Server Object Explorer
- Creating queries and custom views
- Creating stored procedures
- Comparing databases
- Building a data project in Visual Studio
- Refactoring a database object
- Deploying the database
- Connecting to Azure databases
- Deploying data projects to Azure
- Integrating Visual Studio with Entity Framework
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/23/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: installing the SSDT features and why LocalDB is essential for developers.
1. Database and Data Integration
The Azure data sources2m 35s
2. SQL Server Express LocalDB
3. Server Explorer
4. SQL Server Object Explorer
5. Queries, Views, and Stored Procedures
6. Compare databases
7. SQL Server Data Project
8. Azure Data
Get an Azure account1m 10s
9. Entity Framework
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.