Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 08 Extend and Customize the Visual Studio Environment.
- [Instructor] I hope you have enjoyed…Learning the Basics of Extending Visual Studio.…As with any developer technology,…there's a lot more to learn…than can fit in an introductory course.…For help, look to the MSDN website:…it's a good place to read documentation.…I also recommend you look at the GitHub sample site.…Microsoft has over 20 samples located here,…showcasing many parts of the Extensibility API.…Stack Overflow is always a good choice for finding answers.…Look for this tag, visual-studio-extensions,…to find the best questions and answers.…
At the time I recorded this course,…Microsoft is beta testing a new marketplace…for Visual Studio add-ins and extensions.…I like it.…You should spend some time here and explore…the numerous ways to improve the Visual Studio IDE.…So thanks again for watching.…I hope you enjoy exploring Visual Studio extensions,…custom project templates, and the related tools.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.