- Now it's time to look at how to get…to the parts of your code within a single code document.…I'll start by looking at the code in Book.cs.…Earlier in this course,…I talked about how to use the Nav Bar.…This section is across the top of some of the code windows.…In this drop down, you can navigate to the different types…that are inside this file.…I'll navigate to the enumeration at the bottom of this file…by choosing this item here.…You can also go back to the Book class…by choosing this item.…
Once you're inside the type, then you can navigate…to the members of the type by using this drop down.…This takes me to the MAX_PRICE constant inside this file,…and this takes me to the UpdatePrice method.…There's also a way of navigating in this document…through the Edit menu.…It's called Edit, Navigate To.…You get a text box at the top of your screen.…You type in the value that you're looking for,…and then, you can see there's an AddBookToAuthor.…
You'll notice that this is not…inside the same file, however.…Next, I'll look at the Go To.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.