Bookmarks provide a way to store important locations in the Visual Studio code editors. Once the bookmarks are established, navigation between them in a snap. See how to add, remove, and navigate bookmarks.
- You can use Bookmarks to store locations in your code…so that you can quickly return to a specific spot.…To demonstrate this, I'll open a few files.…Then I'll return back to the Author file.…And I'd like to put a Bookmark on line 14.…There's several ways to accomplish this.…One is to use the item on the Toolbar.…Right here.…Toggle Bookmark.…You can also see that I can use ctrl + k, ctrl + k.…Now click once on the Toolbox.…And there is my Bookmark.…
Over here in the side bar.…Now, I'll move over to the Book class.…I'll use a couple Bookmarks in this file.…I'll use the keystroke technique, ctrl + k, ctrl + k.…That worked.…And then, of course, you can also use the menu.…Edit, Bookmarks.…While I'm in this menu, let's look at some of…the other things you can do besides toggle a bookmark.…You can Disable all the Bookmarks,…which means they're still in the documents,…but you can't go to them.…You can re-Enable them by using this item here.…
And then there's your navigations.…Previous Bookmark, Next Book.…And then clearing out all of the Bookmarks.…
- Exploring the code editor window and default settings
- Commenting code
- Using hover tips and IntelliSense
- Tracking changes
- Refactoring code
- Formatting and arranging code
- Navigating and inspecting code
- Using the Task List
- Working with snippets and smart tags
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/21/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover visualizing code and markup with structure guidelines in Visual Studio 2017; refactor enhancements in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for C# in Visual Studio 2017; format rules for Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2017; smart peek options; and CodeMap in Visual Studio 2017.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Work with Code Editors
2. Format Your Code
3. Navigate and Inspect Code
4. Tools for Enhancing Your Coding Sessions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.