Learn how to create a text field that accommodates long text.
- [Instructor] We've got our button working and it populates…all of the basic attributes and we just added character…name but there are a few other things in the character…class that it does that we haven't supported…in our interface yet.…One of those things that I would like to add is the feature…where after you roll the character it recommends…what classes you should consider for that character.…So for this let's add another text field, I'll click…the Library button and I'll drag in a text field.…
I've got to put it down here and I'm going to size it…so that it is large enough to hold several lines of text.…And I'll go ahead and move all of these up a little ways,…really just to give this a lot more room.…With that in place I'll Control click and drag.…And I'll drop right above End like I usually do…and this is going to be an outlet, we're going to call…this txtRecommendation.…
I'll click Connect and now that's all set, let's do Command…S to save our work and let's switch back to Visual Studio.…Inside of View Controller at the bottom where we have…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
New Features Xamarin and Visual Studio 2017with Kevin Ford1h 44m Intermediate
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.