Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Live unit testing, part of Visual Studio Essential Training: 09 Unit Tests.
- [Instructor] One of my favorite features…in Visual Studio 2017 is the Live Unit Test feature.…This feature is available in the Enterprise edition.…Here's the idea.…If you have Unit Tests in an application,…in a test library, and you're using MSTest…or Nunit or XUnit, you can enhance your unit test…with this new feature.…To get started, you'll need to have some Unit Tests,…so I've got this project that has some unit tests here…and I'll open up the Text Explorer…and pin it to the side,…then we'll compile the project,…our tests show up and we'll run all the tests,…we have passing tests.…
The next step is to add the Nuget packages to enable…this live unit test.…At the time I'm recording this video,…I'm working with Visual Studio Release Candidate…and I'm working with some pre-release versions…of the Nuget package, so keep that in mind.…By the time you're watching this video,…you should have the release version of Visual Studio…and the released version of these Nuget packages.…I'm going to go to the browse selection, look for Mstest.…
- Examining types of frameworks
- Choosing a naming convention
- Creating unit tests
- Running unit tests with Visual Studio
- Modifying and correcting code
- Handling exceptions
- Installing and using nUnit
- Viewing test results with CodeLens
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover live unit testing and creating a project with the unit test framework.
1. Create a Simple Unit Test Framework
2. Unit Testing Conventions
Choose a naming convention5m 59s
3. Work with Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework
4. Work with xUnit
5. Work with nUnit
6. Additional Topics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.