The Live Unit Testing feature enhances unit tests written with MsTest, xUnit, and NUnit. Live Unit Testing automatically runs a select set of unit tests in the background as you edit code, and visualizes the results live in the code editor.
- [Instructor] One of my favorite features…in Visual Studio 2017 is the Live Unit Test Feature.…This feature is available in the Enterprise Edition.…Here's the idea.…If you have unit tests in an application,…in a test library, and you're using Mstest Test…or End Unit, or X Unit, you can enhance…your Unit Tests with this new feature.…To get started, you'll need to have some unit tests,…so I've got this project that's got some unit tests here…and I'll open up the Text Explorer…and pin it to the side, then we'll compile the project.…
Our tests show up and we'll run all the tests.…We have passing tests.…The next step is to add the NuGet Packages…that enable this Live Unit Test.…At the time I'm recording this video,…I'm working with Visual Studio Release Candidate,…and I'm working with some prerelease versions…of the NuGet Package, so keep that in mind.…By the time you're watching this video,…you should have the release version of Visual Studio…and the release version of this NuGet Packages.…
You want to go to the Browse section,…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.