Learn how to enable the Lightweight Solution Load feature at the IDE or Solution level. This feature dramatically reduces the time needed to load large projects.
- [Instructor] If you have ever opened…a large solution in a visual studio,…by that I mean a solution that has dozens…or hundreds of projects you know that…it can take a significant time to load.…Over the years Microsoft has had different ideas…on how to improve this speed and here's their latest idea.…It's called the Lightweight Solution mode.…It's not enabled by default.…Go to tools, options.…And go to projects and solutions,…and then choose this lightweight solution load.…Now every single solution that you open…will use this new system, which will significantly…improve the loading time and it'll reduce your memory usage.…
If you want to opt in on a solution by solution basis,…you need to click on your solution in visual studio,…and go to the properties pane.…Look for this section, lightweight load.…Default means to use whatever setting is in tools options.…And if you want to force the lightweight load choose enable…and if you want to disable it for this project,…choose disabled.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.