If your Add-in is a commercial product you need to think about monetization models and licencing. In this video we'll cover the optios.
- [Instructor] Now if you want to sell your Add-In…as a commercial Add-In one of the things you'll need…to do in the store is set up the payment mechanisms…and as you can imagine that's a little bit more involved.…And also you want to think about the licensing framework…so that you can tell in your Add-In…whether the user has a valid license.…And there's tooling and APIs to support that,…we're not going to go into them in this course…but there's also logic that you can use…to enforce licensing.…
For example you might want to limit the functionality…in your Add-In based on what license the user has.…This only works for Add-Ins that people who obtained…from the Office store and it does require the user…to be signed in so they have an identity.…The Office store then handles all the payment…and tracks license tokens.…But probably what you'll want to do is think very carefully…about your licensing model before publishing…because once it's out there it's a little bit more difficult…to manage if you decide you change your mind…
- How Office extensions work
- Using the Office.js libraries
- Working with ScriptLab
- Creating an add-in with Visual Studio
- Working with manifests and commands
- Deploying and debugging add-ins
- Developing new add-in controls
- Working with Yeoman, Angular, and React
- Sideloading add-ins to different locations
- Guidelines for designing add-ins
- Using Office application APIs
- Publishing and licensing add-ins
Skill Level Intermediate
What are Office add-ins?2m 34s
1. Getting Started
2. Building Add-Ins with Visual Studio
3. Using Other Libraries and Tooling with Add-Ins
4. Add-Ins for Word, PowerPoint, and OneNote
5. Add-Ins for Excel
6. Add-Ins for Outlook
7. Distributing Your Add-In
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.