By default, the language shown in the Visual Studio user interface on the menus and other tool windows is English. This video shows how to add language packs with the Installer and change the Visual Studio IDE language to suit your preferences.
- Microsoft has made it easier to change the language that…is shown inside the Visual Studio idea with a concept called…language packs.…To add a language pack to Visual Studio,…go to the installer and click on the Language packs tab.…Now, by default, if you don't change anything here,…you'll get English.…Just open this tab during the initial install,…or in a subsequent update, like I'm doing here,…check the language pack you want.…I've got French, German, Japanese, and Spanish,…and then click on the modify button.…
I don't have a modify button because I've already added the…language packs, plus I'm currently running Visual Studio,…so you'll see I have an error message…across the bottom of the screen.…Once you have modified Visual Studio, you'll restart it.…Over in Visual Studio,…you'll go to the tools menu, and then options,…and then open up environment international settings.…And in this dropdown,…you'll see each of the individual language packs.…So let's change to Japanese.…
Click on OK.…It's going to tell me I need to restart the environment.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.