Learn how to install Visual Studio on the Mac.
- [Instructor] Installation of Visual Studio for Mac…is fairly straight forward with a few caveats.…First of all you must have Xcode installed…before you can install Visual Studio.…If you don't have Xcode installed,…you can find it in the App Store free of charge.…Be forewarned though, Xcode is almost six gigabytes in size…so installing takes a while.…You might want to pack a lunch.…To fully install Xcode, you need to launch it.…Then agree to the end user license…at which point Xcode will install…all the supplementary tools that you generally need…for any kind of software development on the Mac.…
Once Xcode is happy, you can download an installer…from Microsoft's website at visualstudio.microsoft.com.…This site detects which operating system you're using…and displays the download options accordingly.…Download the edition you're interested in.…I'm going to install the community edition.…While we're waiting for it to download,…let's talk about the system requirements.…Visual Studio requires Mac OS Sierra 10.12…
AuthorBruce Van Horn
- Exploring C# on a Mac
- Creating a reusable code library
- Classes and properties
- Loops, arrays, and lists
- Creating a console app
- Creating a command-line app
- Creating a Mac desktop app
- Creating a UI with view controllers and actions
Skill Level Beginner
New Features Xamarin and Visual Studio 2017with Kevin Ford1h 44m Intermediate
Docker for .NET Developers with Visual Studiowith Lee Brandt46m 52s Intermediate
1. C# on the Mac?
2. Getting Started with C#
3. Deeper into C#
4. Creating a Mac App
Next steps3m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.