Visual Studio 2017 is the first version of Visual Studio that allow multiple installs of the program. This video shows how to install Community, Professional, and Enterprise on a single computer and how to specify nicknames to avoid confusion when running the IDE.
- [Instructor] This is the first edition of Visual Studio…that allows you to install multiple editions…on the same developer computer.…What I mean is that I can install…Visual Studio 2017 Community Edition…and Visual Studio 2017 Professional Edition…on my same developer computer.…This is not something we've been able to do…on older versions of Visual Studio.…So here's how you can install a second copy…of Visual Studio.…Go to your installer, in this case I have…the Enterprise installer here, so I'll double click on this…to run the installer.…
Accept the dialogues.…Once the installer is loaded, you'll see this screen…that shows what's called the Products.…Now even though I ran the Enterprise installer,…you'll see that I have the ability to install…all three copies from the same installer.…Here's Enterprise, and here's Community,…and at the bottom of the screen is Professional.…You'll see that at the top it says…I've installed Enterprise and Community,…but I haven't installed Professional yet.…So let's do that.…Click on Install.…
- Installing Visual Studio 2017
- Using debugging features
- Reviewing document navigation enhancements
- Examining IntelliSense Improvements
- Using XAML tools
- Reviewing the tooling added to support Docker containers
- Debugging without the hosting process
- Using the Visual Studio 2017 Installer
Skill Level Beginner
2. IDE Improvements
3. Debugging Improvements
4. Document Navigation
5. IntelliSense Improvements
6. XAML Tools
7. Cloud Development
8. Performance Improvements
Performance Center1m 34s
9. Installer Improvements
What's next1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.