This video looks at how to explore the online catalog of public extensions and add them to Visual Studio. Learn how to filter the list of available extensions and how to disable and uninstall extensions.
- [Instructor] It's time to look at how…to install a sample extension in Visual Studio.…To do that, I'll work with Visual Studio 2017,…but the steps I show you are similar in older versions.…And that's one of the principles you learn as you…work through different versions of Visual Studio.…When you get a new version, you'll find that…most of the features in Visual Studio…are exactly the same as the previous edition,…and if they're not, there's usually just minor changes.…There might be an additional dialog,…the locations of the menus might have changed,…but the principles are the same.…
And you're smart enough to be able to figure that out…by just looking at the tool.…I picked 2017 for this demo because…Microsoft's added some new features…to the extension installer,…where it queues all the changes,…so you don't have to constantly restart Visual Studio.…Here's what I mean.…For this first demonstration, I'll install a spell checker.…So I'll start by looking for the word spell checker.…What we're seeing here is a number of spell checkers.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.