One of the easiest ways to find and install Visual Studio extensions is through the Extensions and Updates dialog. This tutorial looks at how to explore the online catalog of public extensions and add them to Visual Studio. You'll learn how to filter the list of available extensions and how disable and un-install extensions.
- [Voiceover] One of the easiest ways…to find and install Visual Studio extensions is…through a dialog in Visual Studio.…It's here in the Extensions and Updates menu.…I'll start by looking at the left side of the screen.…The Installed section is where you find all the extensions…currently installed in Visual Studio.…The Online section lets you explore…the Visual Studio gallery, a great place to find…additional extensions.…The Updates section offers a list of installed extensions…that have an updated version available online.…
On my computer, I have eight extensions that are updatable.…There are over 6000 extensions in the Visual Studio gallery.…You can see a list of them here…in the center of the screen.…Now, they're sorted by most popular.…This is the default sort order.…You can change that by coming up here…and choosing one of these other options.…Most Recent, Most Downloads, and so on.…The most popular extension is…Microsoft ASP.NET and Web Tools.…There's a green check mark on this side of the screen.…That means I've already installed this extension.…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.