This video explores the "Indent Guide" extension available on the Visual Studio gallery site. Learn how the extension works and what principles it demonstrates for your own custom extension.
- [Voiceover] In this video I'll…look at the Indent Guides Extension.…It's purpose is to make it easy to see…the indents in your code and mark up files.…I've installed the extension,…but it's not active at the moment.…This is what my C sharp code looks like…without the indent guides.…And here is my HTML document,…again without the indent guides showing.…To enable the guides, go to the Edit menu,…choose Advanced, and then click on this…View Indent Guides menu item.…Now you can see the indent guides.…
They're these vertical lines shown in my document…and over here in my CS file.…To make it easier to see the guides,…I'll disable the standard outlining bar…shown on the left side of the editor.…To be clear, I'm doing this for the demonstration.…The ouliners and indent guides can…coexist without any problems.…I'll choose Stop Outlining.…Now as I said, these vertical lines,…these dotted lines are the outliners.…Now watch what happens as I move my cursor…left and right on the line.…You'll see that the closest line to my cursor…
- Installing extensions
- Using CodeMaid, Productivity Power Tools, and other Visual Studio extensions
- Adding external tools
- Creating custom item and project templates
- Building your own custom extensions
- Creating VSIX installers
- Sharing custom extensions
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 08/22/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover installing and exploring extensions, creating custom project and item templates, and creating custom extensions.
ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Sullivan3h 40m Intermediate
1. Install Extensions
2. Explore Extensions
3. Integrate External Tools
4. Create Custom Project and Item Templates
5. Create Custom Extensions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.